So decided to try something new on my blog. I love food and I try my best to live a healthy lifestyle. So I thought it would be fun to showcase all of the recipes I try out on my blog on Fridays called – Food Fridays!
So for my first Food Friday, decided to start things fresh with a Collard Green Salad. I love eating salads, and yes salads can be filling if you know what ingredients to add to them. Plus, I wanted to try something new, and never had collard green salad.
This is so simple to make.
1 Bunch Collard Greens
a mix of dried fruit, dry roasted sunflower seeds, dry roasted pumpkin seeds, cashews (or any nuts, dried fruit you like)
1 TB of Olive Oil
1/2 TB of Organic Apple Cidar Vinegar
1/2 TB Organic Agave Nectar
1. Chop collard greens in to strips. Be sure to de-stem collard greens.
2. Chop mango into tiny cubes
3. Chop carrots into tiny cubes
4. Mix greens, mango and carrots in a large bowl
5. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cidar vinegar, agave nectar
6. Pour dressing over salad and toss salad. Let marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour (you can marinate longer if you want)
7. Add nuts, dried fruit to salad before serving and enjoy!
If you try this, let me know what you think.